Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I thought I would take a moment to reflect on what a great day it is, all of my days are great for the most part. Today is Father's Day and I am glad that there is a special day to celebrate all of the dads out there who do their best to leave a positive imprint on their children.
I wish I could say that I had warm feelings that welled up inside me at the thought of  my own father. As I continue along on this path  with my soul mate I see the actions that it takes to make a child feel like a blessing. Due to circumstances beyond my control I never felt I was a blessing for my parents .
 I know love now, but only after devastating events, and an equal amount of luck or a personal intervention of God(which is what I liken it to, more than luck anyway).
Other things I know are that wounded people usually wound other people, it is all they know. I also know there are choices.
I am over whelmed with joy on nearly a daily basis, some days I forget or allow the minute stresses of the day to occasionally over power my joy, but all I can do is try to be better.  Being loved and having a partner in my life to show me what truly makes a husband and father, is something I never thought I would have, but I will take it and run, because not everyone has had the stars align for them as they have for me :)

1 comment:

  1. Very happy to see you bloggin'! I'm sure you're dealing with your precious lil' one right now... I hope we can come meet him soon! LOTS of LOVE!

    ReplyDelete